fashion, Outfit of the day, personal style

Back to School Style: How to Have School Spirit and Still Look Chic

IMG_5576

For those of who who may not know, in addition to writing this blog, filming videos for my Youtube channel, and working, I am also a student! In honor of back to school season, this week I am going to be talking all about back to school fashion! Although I am a little older than your average undergrad, I am really excited that I am transferring from community college to the University of California Los Angeles to study Mass Communications this fall. I have never attended a big university like this, so I think its going to be pretty awesome going to a school that so many people have such pride in.

Walking around campus, you constantly see people wearing school gear, so I definitely have caught a little of that school spirit bug. I definitely was in the market for a great school shirt, but after a quick trip to the campus store, I didn’t quite find anything I was in love with. Luckily, during an impromptu trip to Wasteland last weekend, my boyfriend found this awesome vintage UCLA t-shirt on the racks. I bought it without a second thought, because after all, no one else is going to have this shirt!

The challenge for me was when I went to style this shirt. Of course you can throw it on with some jeans and call it a day, but I wanted to find a way to style a sports team shirt that was still fashionable and different. One of my issues is that like most sports teams, the colors tend to be very specific and difficult to pair with other things. That’s where this olive green skirt and grey wool blazer came in hand because they are neutral. The scarf with the yellow accents helps to tie in the yellow of the logo. These Karen Walker cat eye sunglasses give the look some retro glam, while the Adidas keep the look from getting too stuffy. I mean, who says you can’t be chic and have some team pride? I can’t wait to find new and different ways to style this shirt, and I hope that I have given you some inspiration to think outside the box when getting geared up for whatever team you might love!

On a different note, if you dig these sunnies and want awesome shades like this unlimited for a month, stop by ditto.com and use my code MISSMOORESTYLE at checkout!

IMG_5559

IMG_5608

IMG_5645

IMG_5599

IMG_5583

IMG_5590

IMG_5561

IMG_5579

IMG_5616

IMG_5627

IMG_5580

IMG_5602Blazer: Banana Republic, old, similar/ T-Shirt: Vintage, similar/ Skirt: Topshop (on sale!)/ Sneakers: Adidas/ Backpack: Betsey Johnson, similar/ Sunnies: Karen Walker/ Scarf: Crassion

SHOP THE POST:

Let’s get social!>> Youtube | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
As always, thanks for reading, have a great day! xo

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

38 Comments

• Reply ordinarilyextraordinarymom August 22, 2016 at 3:14 am

Cute Cute Cute

• Reply Laura @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels August 22, 2016 at 5:00 am

Love this outfit. You’re right, it is such a chic way to show school spirit. You look amazing!

• Reply Anna English August 22, 2016 at 5:30 am

I have that pleated skirt and love it!

• Reply Candace August 22, 2016 at 8:05 am

So cool that UCLA has a building named after you 🙂 love this look and how you styled it with that pleated midi…very chic! Best of luck this school year!

• Reply afashionholicslife August 22, 2016 at 10:21 am

I am in love with your outfit! Love the cute pleated skirt,mother blazer, the scarf and bagpack…. U inspire me!

• Reply Susana LOPES August 22, 2016 at 11:54 am

Perfection! From head to toe! Love it all!! I can’t pick just one item, I truly love them all.

• Reply Lauren August 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm

This is such a cute look! I love your scarf and skirt!

Fizz and Frosting

• Reply Denise Salcedo. August 22, 2016 at 12:34 pm

You are such a babe! I love how you made all these different pieces come together for an effortless look! I would have never thought of pairing those items! Love it!

• Reply Miss Moore Style August 22, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Thanks Denise!!!
      I wasn’t sure it was gonna look right myself until I put it all on 😄

• Reply Maggie August 22, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I’m loving how you styled this… Super fun!!

• Reply Karen August 22, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Love vintage tee finds!! Yours is so cute paired with the skirt and sneakers!

Karen

• Reply Sandy a la Mode August 22, 2016 at 9:25 pm

wow this is stunning! perfect fall look!!

• Reply Ane Marie August 23, 2016 at 3:27 am

Cute! I remember when I started at college I had no idea how to show school spirit and show my own style. Love this post.

• Reply Miss Moore Style August 23, 2016 at 10:15 am

It was a little challenging for me but I think I found a way to do it! 👍🏻

• Reply Anna Baun August 23, 2016 at 4:35 am

Girl, this is perfect! I love the tee paired with this pleated skirt and Adidas! So in love! XO

Anna || A Lily Love Affair

• Reply How 2 Wear It August 23, 2016 at 6:26 am

You look straight out of a movie! I love the subdued school spirit look! You’re rockin’ it

-Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

• Reply Adaleta Avdic August 23, 2016 at 11:37 am

Loving this post. I definitely had the constant struggle of school spirit OR chic. Do I wear the red and dark blue or do I dress cute, and usually I’d do one or the other. Love your take on school spirit & looking awesome!! xx Adaleta Avdic

• Reply ee0926 August 23, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Such a fun back to school look! Love your blazer!!

xx, Elise

• Reply Marissa Pomerance August 23, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Love how you styled this! So perfect for back-to-school.

• Reply Velvet and Vibranium (@kelly_hoggons) August 24, 2016 at 11:02 am

Such a great look! I’m obsessed with that olive skirt – I love the slightly metallic sheen it has. I really like the way the Adidas dress it down a little too. This outfit has such a nice silhouette 🙂

Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

• Reply Hillary Dixon August 24, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Love your vintage top and how you styled it! Congrats on getting into UCLA! How exciting!

~Hillary