Hello and good afternoon everyone! I am doing something a little different today, because I’m taking a little departure from my usual obsession, fashion, and doing some beauty product reviews I recently received in my Birchbox. In case you are unaware of what Birchbox is, it’s a fantastic monthly subscription box that sends you five beauty samples for $10 every month. I have found some incredible products through this service, so I highly recommend giving it a try! Stick around to see what I got this month and get my two cents on how it all worked out…
- Vita Liberata Fabulous Self- Tanning Lotion: As a girl who literally reflects sunlight off of her uber-pale, white skin, I have to say that I love this stuff! Getting a normal tan is just not really an option for me, seeing as how exposing your skin to the sun like that is not too healthy, and the time it takes me to even get a little color is just waaaaay too much time that I don’t have to spend laying by a pool. I’ve tried some less expensive self tanners that I’ve liked just fine in the past, but I appreciate this one for the fact that it works fast, (I saw definite color less than 24 hours later) and it also doesn’t have the strong odor that a lot of self tanners tend to have.
- ModelCo Lip Laquer in Creme Brulee: I have gotten some ModelCo in my Birchbox in the past and loved it, however, I was not a huge fan of this lipgloss. Full disclosure though, I don’t think this is because it is a bad product, I think that somehow Birchbox sent me a color that just did NOT work on me. This color is super nude and I personally had nude lips on my face, I really don’t think they do anything for me. Overall, the texture was fine, I just need a little bit more color in my lip color, ya know what I mean?!
- Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum for Medium to Coarse Hair: Hair serums are my jam these days, especially since I’ve been coloring my hair. The ends of my hair tend to get really dry due to the bleaching I put them through, so when you couple that with heat styling, things can get super damaged. This serum works wonders for helping your over-styled hair, and it also smells like a dream. I mean, who wouldn’t want their hair to smell like a dream, am I right?
- COOLA Mineral SPF 30 Daydream Makeup Primer: One of the things I really need to get better about is having SPF on my face at all times. My foundation doesn’t have SPF, so sometimes I am a horrible person and I don’t wear any sunscreen under my makeup! I know, I know. This primer is the perfect solution for that. I love it for the obvious reason that it has SPF 30 already in it, but on top of that, it goes on your skin like pure silk. There are some primers that I’ve tried that are way too heavy, but this primer definitely doesn’t have that problem. It has an amazing, whipped texture that won’t leave your skin feeling like its already covered in goop before you even apply your makeup.
- MDSolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defense Body Broad Spectrum SPF 50: This sunscreen is really similar in texture to the primer I mentioned above, probably because they’re both mineral based. Nothing is worse that slathering on a super heavy and thick sunscreen all over your body. This sunscreen goes on so light, you will wonder if indeed you are wearing sunscreen, which is a much more preferable than being suffocated by a heavy sunscreen on a hot summer day.
I hope you all enjoyed this post! What subscription boxes are you into lately? Please let me know in the comments! <3